Headin' into Twilight, Spreadin' Out My Wings Tonight......
So Mom and Dad have recently figured out that I get to sleep the best when there's some music playing. Specifically, Kenny Loggins music. Who's that you say? Yep. Kenny Loggins. No, he's not dead..... why do people keep asking that? Yes, he still has the beard. And yes, that faint "Noooooooooooooo" sound in the background is Dad.
Somehow... and let's be clear, this is still under investigation.... we came into possession of Kenny's "Return to Pooh Corner" CD. Turns out, it really helps me get to, and stay, asleep. Without it, I'm just revin' up my engine, and Mom's listening to my howlin' roar. And the further on the edge I get, the hotter the intensity, baby.
In case you haven't noticed, naptime shall hereafter be officially known as the "Danger Zone".
Five reasons why the world is smaller than you think.
1. You can book Kenny as a speaker here. You can also book a speaker with the same last name as me. Your guess. I'll give you a hint. Think "J-diddy".
2. Kenny Loggins and Kenny Rogers are both singers named Kenny. Mom worked at a Kenny Rogers Roasters in high school and met him. Rogers, not Loggins. ("Stay away from the chicken! Bad chicken! Mess you up!") There are unconfirmed rumors that Kenny grabbed her butt. Again, Rogers, not Loggins.
3. Kenny sang the song "I'm Alright" which is at the beginning of the movie Caddyshack. Kenny Loggins drives Dad crazy. The movie Caddyshack drives Mom crazy. The universe remains in balance. Further evidence of intelligent design.
4. "Danger Zone" was a song in the movie Top Gun which was about Navy pilots. Uncle Dennis flies planes in the Navy. Plus, my ego often writes checks my body can't cash.
5. Kenny also sang the title song to the movie "Footloose". Footloose starred Kevin Bacon. Sheesh! That was too easy.
P.S. Nobody tell Dad that there is a sequal -- "More Songs from Pooh Corner". Maybe Aunt Steph will put it on my baby ipod....