8.13.2008

Even better than new potties!

I (mom) have battled (no overstatement there) Iritis for 8.5 years. In short, iritis is the inflammation of the iris, which is the colored part of your eye that is a muscle that dilates the pupil and is attached to the lens. It causes terrible pain and sensitivity to light, in addition to a host of other potential problems. Then again, the treatment has its own issues. Moving on to the point here , today at my check-up, for the first time in who knows how long, my eyes were FREE of inflammation. Not one cell of inflammation lingering. Nope. None. Zip. Zero.

Wow! This has happened less than a handful of times since the iritis onset in 2000. I may flare again tomorrow or in 6 months, but right now, I'm free and clear! Though my current daily treatment will not change, if all continues well, I have been released from the doctor until November! (Typically, I see him monthly, if not weekly.) This is a blessing to be celebrated. Probably even a bit bigger than the new toilets.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Wooo hooo! I'm so happy for you! A big praise inded!

Cheng family said...

HOORAY! That is wonderful, wonderful news. Even better, I hope that means that your eyes feel brand new and wonderful.

The Wilcoxson's said...

Great job. Whatever "good/miracle" list that you are on, make sure that you stay on it. I am excited for you, it is always good to have one less thing to worry about on a weekly if not daily thing. May God continue to bless your family and you. How are the new toilets?

Ivy said...

That is great Melanie!
I'll pray it continues.